Invest in Your Life
An investment is an asset or item that is purchased with the hope that it will generate income or appreciate in the future. You are putting time, money, or effort into a worthwhile cause with the hope of getting something in return. This equation can only be evaluated by you, as the measurements will have specific and unique meaning to you as the individual.
- Where are you spending your time, money and energy?
- What are you hoping to achieve?
- Are you sure you are maximising your potential and realizing your goals?
- Have you stopped to analyse where it is you are going?
- Have your dreams/goals changed?
- Where are you in your life right now and where would you like to be?
- Is your life running away or do you feel like you are in control?
- Do you have a support structure?
- Are you on the right track?
You need to make sure you are investing all your efforts wisely and with your end goal in mind. We often get caught up in the aspects of everyday living, we do things without a clear plan of where it is we are going. We fill our days from morning to night with work, hobbies, family commitments, community events... Take a step back and realise which of these are in line with your values.
Focus on the important, not the urgent and get the important things done consistently. Stay focused on your goal, you will get there.
TIPS TO KEEP YOU ON TRACK:
- Take time out of your busy life and evaluate all spheres of your life – lift your head and take an overview of what you are doing, what is working for you and what is not?
- Identify where you should invest more effort and where you need to invest less.
- Make sure your goal is still real – make adjustments when you have to deviate from your course because life will happen and throw you curve balls
- Work towards your goal methodically – realize that this is your life and you are in charge of making it happen. Stay the course and keep focused.